Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer Heat Will Dehydrate You


Make sure you are drinking your water this summer. You should be drinking at least 3/4 your body weight in ounces everyday to keep your body hydrated. That means a 100 lbs person will need to drink 75 ounces of water each day to keep the body hydrated. The best way to intake water is to drink about 4-6 ounces every 30 minutes throughout the day. The worst way to intake water is to drink 40 oz in one setting. The body can't absord most any of that water.

Its also a good Idea to take a great liquid vitamin and mineral supplement. We are recommending VIBE from Eniva.

1 comment:

Patricia Blankenship said...

I don't know why it is so difficult to remember to drink enough water. I keep a glass near me when I knit or read or work at the computer, but I actually drink more water when I am away from the house and driving around in my van for some strange reason.

I had heard that by the time you feel thirsty you are already getting dehydrated so I try to get enough water, especially in the summer.

Nice blog, Dr. Shawn! And thanks for being my doctor. I don't know where I would be without you and the rest of the folks at the clinic.

God bless.

Pat